Sunday, September 14, 2008

Zeph's Birthday

My baby is 4. I can't believe it! Of course I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and I can't believe it has been FOUR YEARS! William Zephan Key was born on September 9, 2004. I had been in labor for a few hours and was in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain because my epidural only worked on one side! OUCH! We soon discovered that Zeph was breech--which I had been telling them for weeks by the way--but no one listens to me, it's just my body. I don't have a medical degree or anything. Moving on...In about 5 mintues my room was filled with nurses and other hospital personnel and I found myself being rushed to the OR for an emergency C-section. Yikes I was terrified. I remember Dr. Phillips telling everyone in the room to stop for a minute. Then he calmed me down and told me everything would be ok and prayed for us all. Of course God is in control of all things and he ordained my c-section because He knew it was needed. In the OR we found that the cord was wrapped around Zeph's neck twice. I can't even think about how bad that could have been. AND just a little help for me--the c-section meant I received a spinal block THAT WORKED, so less pain! Zephie I love you very much and you and Zack are the coolest things to ever happen to me!


Above is my favorite picture of Zeph and me, and a picture of Zeph at his birthday party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a week or so but so gald I did LOVE IT. You are creating such good memories with your boys. I love you guys.

Holly

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday little Zeph! Great pictures Donna.

Ronda said...

How fabulous is your little 4 year old. And, how neat that our babies share the same birthday! Good day. And, yes, God IS in control of ALL THINGS - especially babies being born.

Stacy said...

Happy Belated Bday Zepphy! :)