Saturday, August 23, 2008

The First Post

Ok, this is my first post. Why a blog you say? Good question. A couple of months ago some friends of ours from college, Billy and Hope Atchison, lost their 4 year old daughter Alaina unexpectedly to meningitis. This sent shock waves through our group of friends. Billy and Hope have a blog (I linked it on the side) and we all started checking it daily to see what was going on, how we could pray for them, etc. I recognized what an excellent way of communicating it was. Several of my friends already had a blog, but this was the motivation I needed to start my own. I do hope it will be a way for friends and family to keep up with us and watch our boys as they grow.

1 comment:

Shea said...

So true...Wow, what we take for granted every day. I'm so sad to hear that about your friends. If there is a fear that I struggle with handing over to the Lord it's losing one of my children. I have just settled with the fact that He knows how big He made the mother's heart and He will just have to understand! :) So glad to be back in touch! I'll save this site and check it often! We do not have a blog site but I have a site that I post pictures to (phanphare). I'll add you on!